Click Each Course For Descriptions
Listening is the cornerstone to effective communication connection and clarity. It is vital to building successful relationships, having successful negotiations and communication encounters, and creating greater efficiency and time. For when one listens well, there is less need to repeat or go over what has already been said and discussed.
The course outcomes include:
• Recognizing one’s own barriers to effective listening
• Skills to improve listening and hear more of what is being said and intended
• The ability to hear what is unsaid
• Read the environment and improve communication
• Learn and apply the appropriate way to listen for a given situation
• Improve relationships
• Improve performance on the job
The course includes activities and practice, as well as practical hands on skills to improve listening. Be a person others seek out for your amazing listening skills.
The 3 C’s of Effective Communication: Clarity, Communication, and Connection
Being an effective communication can catapult your career onto the fast track as well as set you apart from your colleagues. We think more favorably of those who communicate well and people who communicate well also influence and persuade others so ultimately it is about getting what you want in life. Being an effective communicator can lead to less conflict and confusion, and more positive results. The course outcomes include:
- Building credibility through communication
- Understanding the 3 C’s (Clarity, Communication, and Connection)
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships
- Being assertive and asking for what you need
- The ability to communicate with difficult people
- The ability to influence and persuade others even without a title
This course includes real life practice scenarios and tips for how to work through dozens of the toughest workplace challenges.
Conflict Management for the Workplace and Beyond
Conflict is a part of life. There is no way around that fact. By itself, conflict is neither good nor bad. It just is. When handled and managed effectively it can be very powerful in revealing issues and resolutions that can help relationships flourish and companies profit and grow. It is a process and skill which can be learned.
Course outcomes include:
- Identify your preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Overcome common workplace breakdowns
- Build teams though well managed conflict
- Separate the facts from the emotions
- Improve emotional intelligence through practice and understanding
- Learn to work with others in an effective way
- Resolve issues faster and with less difficulty
This course includes practical “hands-on” scenarios, as well as tips for overcoming even the most difficult conflicts.
Coaching for Performance and Improved Results
Coaching is the latest buzzword in organizations and there is good reason for it. It has been linked to results in prestigious publications like the AMA, and Chief Learning Officer. There is a definite distinction between companies who incorporate and teach coaching skills to their managers and those that do not. Specifically, this course will explore coaching through 3 significant and distinct processes: giving and receiving feedback, having to take corrective action, and improving performance of teams and individuals.
Course Objectives include:
- Applying basic coaching skills to key areas of business improvement
- Giving feedback in an effective manner
- Partnering with employees as they become more “self-aware”
- Allowing employees to discover within themselves their strengths and weaknesses
- Creating performance plans that engage and motivate employees
- Reducing the need to “micro-manage”
- Creating an inspired and motivated workforce
- Ability to set goals that excite and motivate others to achieve more
This course will look at real life examples and scenarios to support the learning process.
Business Writing Skills (There are 2 parts, basic and advanced)
Part One: This course is a refresher course for anyone who needs a brush up on basic grammar and punctuation rules. There is a pre and post test to assess what you already know and help determine areas to work on. Learn the basic rules of noun and verb agreement, pronouns, and punctuation to make your message as clear and concise as possible! Whether you are emailing, posting a message on a social media site, or preparing a report for others to read, your ability to write effectively will give you an added advantage.
Course objectives include:
- Use proper punctuation according to the rules
- Check and correct your writing
- Write for the reader
- Identify simple sentence structure
- Identify the parts of the sentence
- Correctly use plurals and possessives
Part Two: This course looks at more advanced use of passive vs. active language, constructing emails for readership and effectiveness, and looks at writing as a means to communicate a message and how to be clear in your writing. This course will also cover how to use emails effectively and how to communicate professionally in other forms, social media, marketing materials, reports, etc.
Course objectives include:
- Know the difference between clauses and phrases
- Write in the “active” voice
- Write clearly and concisely
- Use words correctly
- Write in “parallel” form
- Develop basic organizational skills for composition, using clear transitions
- Write emails that get read
- Learn the Do’s and Don’ts of email usage
- Write for mass audiences- social media
Strategies for Build and Maintain Effective Working Relationships
Organizations are as good as the relationships that exist between the people who work in them. Learning to network and connect with other people in and out of the organization is a key skill for building a successful career. It is also the key to being an effective leader. This course will give practical steps for building and maintaining relationships that will increase your value and improve your experiences in your workplace and beyond.
Course objectives include;
- Gain strategies for “breaking the ice” and meeting new people
- Build networks to gain exposure and increase your “value”
- Gain comfort in social settings
- Develop a “pitch” to give when meeting new people
- Build trust and credibility
- Manage conflict as a way to strengthen relationships
Speaker’s Bootcamp! Presentation Skills for any occasion
The ability to speak well in front of others with poise and confidence is a key skill towards being better able to persuade, influence, and build credibility. Most people fear public speaking, however learning some key strategies will help give you the confidence to present your ideas in a professional and polished way. This course incorporates creating content, delivery strategies from performance experts, and ways to combat fear. This is an interactive course designed to help you create and deliver a powerful message.
Course objectives include:
- Capture the audience from the beginning
- Understand your audience and make a connection
- Develop content that is engaging and meaningful
- Use stage presence skills to enhance your message
- Gain techniques for using fear to your advantage
Deliver highly effective presentations in any setting
Be an Effective Manager
Management has changed over the past several years and the tools to be effective at managing have evolved in that time as well. Gone are the days of telling people what to do and giving orders. Managing, or leading, is about building consensus and bringing out the best in others; building team capacity to serve the organization; and achieving results through effective teamwork strategies, not individual contribution.
Course objectives include:
- Establish credibility
- Be a change agent who gets results
- Develop staff to be self-motivated and directed
- Learn to be a “coach” rather than a “boss” to your employees
- Manage your time effectively
- Model behavior you want to see
- Communicate effectively to multiple personality types
- Build a highly effective team
- Effectively utilize coaching, feedback, performance improvement, for the best results